Friday, May 3, 2013

Revision on New Media Session 3



Unfortunately, I could not attend the last New Media session on Tuesday. However, I would like to comment on the text we were supposed to read and prepare for that day.To be honest I found the text quite hart to read as well as understand because Berry’s argumentation includes a lot of information and specific terms or phrases which I had to look up again and again. Especially the very first pages deals with interesting examples like 9/11 and explains the relations between visual, trauma and documentary studies giving an idea on how complex this topic is.
“Post-Structural critique of representation” (Berry 70) is a term I have never heard of before and as my group member Isabella I am not sure whether or not Post-Structural critique of representation will come up again in our symposium. However, we should keep it in mind and try to take it into account while searching for and collecting information for our presentation.


Berry, Peter. Beginning Theory an Introduction to Literary and Cultural Theory."Post-structuralism and deconstruction." Second Edition. Manchester University Press. Manchester, New York. Ch. 3, p.61-63; 70-73.

No comments:

Post a Comment